Europe by Africa with summer heat all year around
Canary Islands consists of seven larger Islands, several small ones and the two capitals Santa Cruz and Las Palmas. This is a classic favourite among travellers whereas the by size and population biggest island Tenerife and the by population second and size third island Gran Canaria attracts most tourists. As a destination, here is on offer something for most tastes and types. The Canary Islands has varied and diverse nature, contrasting landscapes, different kinds of activities and attractions. In just one hour you´ll get from the moon landscapes of the volcano Teide down to the tourist hotels of Playa de Las Americas, from the street life of Las Palmas to the dessert around Maspalomas.
Here you´ll find great, special and big resorts and hotels that offers possibilities and unique solutions for a successful event. Canary Islands is sun and bath, relaxation and adventure, nature experiences, gastronomy and festivity all in one. Discover the maritime life on a boat in an encounter with dolphins, dress your own ”mojo verde eller rojo” (Canarian sauces) to be enjoyed with “papas” (the typical potato) at a typical canary lunch, ride a camel in the extension of the Saharas by Maspalomas or rise to the top of Teide by jeep to experience the beautiful sunset and thereafter a completely starlit sky.
Discover summer by winter and the hidden pearls of Canary Islands with SpainConnect.
- The canary bird is named after the Islands not vice versa
- A total off approx. 2,2 million inhabitants
- More than 5 million visitors yearly
- Distance to Africa 100 km
- Daily average temperature at Gran Canaria is 21°C in January
- Distance to main land Spain 1500 km
- It´s 1 hour time difference to rest of Spain
- Teide is the highest peak of Spain with its 3718 m
- Here you´ll also find the world’s largest solar observatory
- At El Diablo on Lanzarote food is cooked over volcanic heat
- A typical canary dish is called “old clothes” (Ropa Vieja)
- The small Island El Hierro is self-sufficient using only sustainable energy
- You´ll find impressive natural salt water swimming pools in Puerto de la Cruz
- The water park Siam is Europe’s largest
- Canarian Wrestling, is a unique form of sport native to the islands
- The carnival in Santa Cruz is the biggest festivity
- Considered the second most popular in the world nest to Rio de Janeiro